Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_basebackup on slave running for a long time

On 11/22/2016 2:34 AM, Subhankar Chattopadhyay wrote:
So, the question here is while I apply update on Slave, how do I know
if if it will be able to catch up or I need Wal archive? Is there a
way I can determine this? In my case, while applying update on slave,
the db process will be stopped, so the query, even if it gives correct
value, won't help. Can anybody help in here?

if the slave it setup with the proper recovery commands to fetch from the WAL archive, then when the slave is woken up after a slumber it will attempt to recover as many WAL's as it can from the archive before it resumes streaming. This will happen automatically.