Search Postgresql Archives

Re: High load average every 105 minutes

On 11/4/2016 1:45 AM, Nhan Nguyen wrote:

The load average of the instance increase every 105 minutes even without any database. I’ve checked the scheduled jobs but couldn’t find anything suspicious. When the load average was at peak, I couldn’t see any process consuming resources. This happens on all my servers that has postgresql installed, even after I purge postgresql. Has anyone seen this before

load average doesn't mean much other than the number of processes waiting for a resource. does the IO latency spike at this time, too?

with AWS, your system is sharing the vendors virtual machine environment with other customers, and performance is pretty much out of your control.