Search Postgresql Archives

Re: initdb createuser commands

On 30/10/16 11:25, John R Pierce wrote:
On 10/29/2016 3:02 PM, Samuel Williams wrote:
FYI,https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PostgreSQL mentions initdb,
createuser, createdb and several others. I think my suggestion is
still relevant and something that would improve the system for new
users

and it would break it for the existing community that has up to 20 years of experience with it, as well as breaking virtually all existing documentation, books, howto articles, etc, including the one you linked.

I think it would be good to have all the postgresql utilities prefixed by pg_ to keep them together, but have aliases so existing scripts & documentation (especially 3rd party) were still relevant.

However, I wouldn't consider it the highest priority.

Cheers,
Gavin