Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Problem changing default data_directory in PG 9.6 + CentOS6

Em 18-10-2016 11:33, Melvin Davidson escreveu:

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Edilmar LISTAS
<edilista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:edilista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    1) I changed /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql-9.6 like this:
    PGDATA=/sistemas/sat4/bdpg
    #PGDATA=/var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data

    2) I copied postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf from
    /var/lib/pgsql/9.6/data to /sistemas/sat4/bdpg

    3) I changed postgresql.conf like this:
    data_directory = '/sistemas/sat4/bdpg'

    4) service postgresql-9.6 start
    Iniciando o serviço postgresql-9.6: [FAILED]

    In my devel machine, I only did step 3), PG starts lookup for
    default configs in /var/lib/pgsql/data and uses my databases in the
    alternative path /sistemas/sat4/bdpg.