Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Libpq functions & string to obtain connection parameters

On 10/07/2016 07:28 AM, arnaud gaboury wrote:

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 3:56 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 10/07/2016 06:42 AM, arnaud gaboury wrote:

    > Honestly not so much, as it is a nearly perfect Copy/past of
    postgresql
    > official doc[0].
    > My postgresql socket is in the usual place:
    >  /run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432=
    > So no need to specify it. But for the rest, I am still not sure of
    my URI

    > [0]https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/libpq-connect.html

    Aah, just remembered you wanted username and password, so:

    psql postgresql://aklaver:pwd@/test?connect_timeout=10

It helps, but I must have something else misconfigured then:

-------------------------------------
 # su postgres
postgres@thetradinghall ➤➤ mattermost/bin % bash
bash-4.3$ psql postgresql:///mattermost?connect_timeout=10
psql (9.5.4)
Type "help" for help.

mattermost=# \q
=====> OK
Now with the Unix user I want to use:

% su mattermost
bash-4.3$ psql postgresql:///mattermost?connect_timeout=10
psql: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "[local]", user
"mattermost", database "mattermost", SSL off

As a reminder, I made an entry in pg_ident.conf this way:
 mattermap      mattermost              mmuser

and add this line in pg_hba.conf
local   mattermost          mmuser                      peer
map=mattermap

What is wromg in my  UNIX/postgresql user mapping?

Did you reload the server after making the changes?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

The pg_hba.conf file is read on start-up and when the main server process receives a SIGHUP signal. If you edit the file on an active system, you will need to signal the postmaster (using pg_ctl reload or kill -HUP) to make it re-read the file.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/auth-username-maps.html

The pg_ident.conf file is read on start-up and when the main server process receives a SIGHUP signal. If you edit the file on an active system, you will need to signal the postmaster (using pg_ctl reload or kill -HUP) to make it re-read the file.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx