Search Postgresql Archives

Re: [ANNOUNCE] pgAdmin 4 v1.0 Released!

On 10/03/2016 02:27 AM, Tim Clarke wrote:
On 01/10/16 01:43, Adrian Klaver wrote:

Before you run the python setup.py part you will then have to install
a lot of  Flask dependencies:

Flask-Babel==0.11.1
Flask-Gravatar==0.4.2
Flask-Login==0.3.2
Flask-Mail==0.9.1
Flask-Principal==0.4.0
Flask-Security==1.7.5
Flask-SQLAlchemy==2.1
Flask-WTF==0.13

also:

django-htmlmin==0.9.1

Then run python setup.py.

Should those installs be into python 2 or python 3?

That would depend on what your system default is. I suspect 2.7. The way to check is from command line:

aklaver@panda:~> python -V
Python 2.7.12

This triggered a memory. When I was building the Qt app it failed as you posted with a cannot find flask module error. Then it popped up a dialog window asking for the Python path and the binary path. To get the program to work I had to enter the following for the Python path;

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/;/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/

Your ~/site-packages directories may be in different locations. The /usr/local/* is because that is where Flask threw the itsdangerous module.

I did not enter anything for the binary path.

Personally I would go this route:

https://www.pgadmin.org/download/pip4.php

I'll research python virtual environments and try.

If you use the virtualenv you launch the Flask server in it and then use a browser to connect to it. The QT desktop app just automates that by launching the server in the background and then connecting via the embedded Qt browser.

Tim Clarke

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx