Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 2.5TB Migration from SATA to SSD disks - PostgreSQL 9.2

On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Patrick B <patrickbakerbr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's great news! My only concern is about the "RSYNC" - Hope that doesn't
> take long!!!
>
> This all steps must be performed by me on the next few days/weeks - I'll
> keep you guys updated... Keen to see the new DB running in a SSD environment
> :)

That will depend on your database change velocity. If the initial copy
takes a long time, Re-run the rsync again just before the shut down.
Try to pick the lowest load time.

For sure rsync can take a long time. I've also done similar moves
using ZFS snapshots, which are crazy fast to sync... but that assumes
you're using ZFS already on the current data directory.