Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ON CONFLICT does not support deferrable unique constraints

På onsdag 24. august 2016 kl. 18:36:16, skrev Francisco Olarte <folarte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 6:26 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 6:05 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh
>> Are there any plans to lift this restriction?
> I'm trying to figure out a method for making this work in my head.
> These two things seem kind of opposed to each other.

He probably wants to just treat is as non-deferrable just during the
upsert. I do not know if he has thought this opens a can of worms (
like, the constraint may be already broken due to precious DML ).

Francisco Olarte.

As a developer I want it to "just work", if there's an error of any kind then abort the transaction, just as it was non-deferrable.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS