Search Postgresql Archives

Graylog

Am 23.08.2016 um 22:42 schrieb Terry Schmitt:
Certainly Postgres is capable of handling this volume just fine. Throw in some partition rotation handling and you have
a solution.
If you want to play with something different, check out Graylog, which is backed by Elasticsearch. A bit more work to
set up than a single Postgres table, but it has ben a success for us storing, syslog, app logs, and Postgres logs from
several hundred network devices, Windows and Linux servers. Rotation is handled based on your requirements and drilling
down to the details is trivial. Alerting is baked in as well. It could well be overkill for your needs, but I don't know
what your environment looks like.

Thank you for this hint. I will look at it.

Regards,
  Thomas Güttler

--
Thomas Guettler http://www.thomas-guettler.de/