Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Unique constraint on field inside composite type.

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 23:02:53 -0700,
 Silk Parrot <silkparrot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

    I am trying to model a social login application. The application can support multiple login providers. I am thinking of creating a custom type for each provider. e.g.

CREATE TABLE user (
    uuid UUID PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT public.uuid_generate_v4(),
    google_user system.google_user,
    facebook_user system.facebook_user,
    UNIQUE (google_user.email)
);

Wouldn't it more sense to have a table you join to your user table that is more flexible and allows for multiple entries per person. You would need user, domain, foreign_user, auth_method. This would make it a lot easier to add other systems later or let users pick their own systems that you don't need to know about in advance.