Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Corrupted Data ?

On 08/12/2016 11:51 AM, Ioana Danes wrote:

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Adrian Klaver
<adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 08/12/2016 08:30 AM, Ioana Danes wrote:

            The db3 database is on a different machine from all the other
            databases you set up, correct?

        Yes, they are all different vms first 3 dbs are on the same
        cluster but
        drdb is a remote machine,

    This rattled around in my head and got less obvious with time:)
    Probably because cluster has different meanings depending on whether
    you are talking about Postgres or VMs. Right now I am imagining:

    Physical machine 1                    |   Physical machine 2

    VM1     VM2       VM3                 |   VM1
    db1     db2       db3                 |   drdb

    where each VM has its own Postgres cluster

    Is the above correct?

yes correct, I should  have been more clear,

Hmm.

I like Francisco's suggestion:

"Specially if this happens, you may have some slightly bad disks/ram/
leading to this kind of problems."

Trying to reconcile that with all the physical machine 1 VMs sharing the same RAM and physical disk, but the error only occurring on db3.

Is the VM hosting db3 setup different from the VMs 1 & 2?