Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgres Pain Points 2 ruby / node language drivers

På fredag 12. august 2016 kl. 11:07:08, skrev Chris Travers <chris.travers@xxxxxxxxx>:
[snip]
My preference is stored procedures plus service locators, to be honest.  It enables a degree of loose coupling and even dynamic discovery that ORMs are generally not well suited to.

But I think the difference may be bigger.  ORMs make sense when you want a database for your application.  They break down badly when you want an application for your database.  Usually I tend to want the latter.

I'm in the first group, and I think many are when evaluating ORMs or having an opinion about them. Being in the latter, I more understand you concerns.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS