Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Build or Install pg_loader on Windows

On 08/06/2016 08:38 AM, Michael Sheaver wrote:
Greetings!

Due to the crazy variation in the content and formatting of the datasets
that I import into my PSQL 9.6 database, I have a need to run pg_loader
on my work Windows laptop; the specific details and constraints of my
configuration are shown here on
Stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38750898/build-or-install-pg-loader-on-windows

In the above you mention Python, are you aware that the current version of pgloader uses Lisp?

Build instructions for the new pgloader are below. FYI they do not cover Windows and I do not have a clue on how to create Windows Lisp build environment:

https://github.com/dimitri/pgloader/blob/master/INSTALL.md

So what version of pgloader are you looking to use?

What sort of data clean up do you want to do?

If you are set on using Python I would start at looking at:

http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/io.html

For Windows probably the best way to deal with installing a Python data analysis stack is to use Anaconda:

https://docs.continuum.io/anaconda/

which includes Pandas as one of its automatically installed packages:

https://docs.continuum.io/anaconda/pkg-docs.html

I didn't get a response there, so I do hope someone here might be able
to help.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael Sheaver