Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Tunning Server 9.1.

On 8/4/2016 2:02 PM, Periko Support wrote:
I read some sites on google that it was related to this settings.
Can u share your experience on this logs?

what you said earlier has nothing to do with what you're saying now.

original:

I have server that hras increase users and need to increase
max_connections from default value.

Current value = 100
New Value = 200

This send me a message about shared_memory need to lower the value
which default settings = 24MB.

then you said...

This was my message:

  PDT FATAL:  remaining connection slots are reserved for
non-replication superuser connections

Reading about, some points to max_connections because we have increase
users on the network, I tought has sense.

I don't get how you got from that first to that second. "remaining connections are reserved..." happens when more than max_connections clients connect to the server. this has nothing to do with shared memory.

now, if after increasing max_connections you got ANOTHER message about shared memory, THATS the error we need to see.