Search Postgresql Archives

How to best archetect Multi-Tenant SaaS application using Postgres

Hi,

  We are trying build a multi tenant application and are debating which approach we should take: (also my understanding is based on that pgbouncer connection pool doesn’t work across different user/database pair):

1.  For each tenant, we create a dedicated database and a dedicated user. This option gives best isolation. However, connection pooling won’t work pgbouncer.

2.  We put all tenants in a single database, and just use one user. I learned that pgbackup will be probamatic when there are > 30 schemas in a database, so we probably can’t create dedicate schema for each tenant.

  We are more inclined to choose 1, but don't know how many concurrent connections Postgres can handle for OLTP workload in a 32GB memory, SSD box. Also we would like hear from someone with more postgres experience about the best practice for building multi-tenant application.

Thanks
Ryan