Search Postgresql Archives

WAL directory size calculation

Hi folks! :-)
I'm about to bring up my brand new production server and I was wondering if it's possible to calculate (approx.) the WAL directory size. I have to choose what's better in terms of cost vs. performance (we are on Google Cloud Platform) between a ramdisk or a separate persistent disk. Obviously ramdisk will be times faster disk, but having a, say, 512 GB ramdisk will be a little too expensive :-) I've read somewhere that the formula should be 16 MB * 3 * checkpoint_segment in size. But won't it be different depending on the type of /wal_level/ we set? And won't it also be based on the volume of transactions in the cluster? And, in place of not-anymore-used-in-9.5 /checkpoint_segment/ what should I use? /max_wal_size/? Aside of this, I'm having 350 DBs that sum up a bit more than 1 TB, and plan to use wal_level=archive because I plan to have a backup server with barman.

Using the above formula I have:
    16 MB * 3 * 1 GB
that leads to to ... uh .. 48000 TB?

Any ideas?