Search Postgresql Archives

Re: High Availability

On 07/20/2016 11:53 AM, dangal wrote:

Dear , I have a question for them , in our work we have an environment with
streaming replication and everything works in the best way , we are trying
to implement high availability and for that we try to use pgpool and we
could not get it to work with md5 authentication

The errors/problems where?

The area of systems my company consulted us that we viability of using DRBD
The truth is that looking at your site only see old references to that
product , without being pgpool recommending us to make high availability?

With out more information this is throwing darts at a board, so:

What version(s) of Postgres?

What version(s) of pgpool?

What is your setup, number of masters/slaves and layout?

What is your definition of high availability?

Thank you very much

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx