Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Streaming replication failover process - Pgsql 9.2

On 07/10/2016 02:19 PM, Patrick B wrote:
Hi all,

There will be a network maintenance at the company where my servers are...

I've got one master and one slave server, running PostgreSQL 9.2.

As the network will be down, the internet won't be working as well as
the intranet. Both servers won't be able to communicate each other. Not
by streaming replication and wal_files too.

That should take at most 10 minutes.

1. When the connection comes back, will the master and slave work as
expected? The streaming replication should be ok?

Assuming you have wal_keep_segments set high enough to keep the master from recycling the WAL files before the network comes up again.

2. As the master will be down, I don't wanna slave turns into a master
by Failover. The trigger_file line on recovery.conf on the slave server
is commented, so should be ok here right? The slave will be still a
slave once master is down....

Thanks!
Patrick

--