Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Slides for PGCon2016; "FTS is dead ? Long live FTS !"

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 8:53 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
På søndag 29. mai 2016 kl. 19:49:06, skrev Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@xxxxxxxxx>:
[snip]

I want to run 9.6 beta in production right now because of this:-)

wait-wait :)  We'd be happy to have feedback from production, of course, but please, wait a bit. We are adding support of sorting posting list/tree not by item pointer as in gin, but make use of additional information, for example, timestamp, which will provide additional speedup to the existing one.

Awesome!

Also, we are sure there are some bugs :)

He he, I reported 1st issue: https://github.com/postgrespro/rum/issues/1

Would be cool to see this fixed so I actually could have a sip of the rum:-)

It's not easy to fix this. We don't want rum depends on  btree_gin, so probably the easiest way is to have separate operator <=> in rum.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS