Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSql Doubt

On 05/21/2016 02:22 PM, aluka raju wrote:
Hello,

I have a data source for example in file format(xml,csv ..etc) , i want
to use postgresql engine to query select,update,insert using foreign
data wrappers(fdw).

question1 --- > is it possible to prepare our own fdw ?.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/fdwhandler.html

question2 -----> is it possible to seperate postgresql engine and use it
on a data source where i will write fdw to connect the postgresql engine
and data source ?.

No.

question3 -----> In fdw , we need to provide schema of the file ,
suppose i will get schema of the file in a varaible and how can we use
this variable and directly create a link between datasource and
postgresql engine ?.

You will need to be more specific about what you mean here?

question4 -----> is this fdw(foreign data wrapper) good to use in
postgresql ,if so did postgresql prepaired any api kind of fdw officially  ?

If I am following then the link at question 1 should address this. If I am not you will need to be provide more information about what you are looking for.

Thanks
aluka

--
Adrian Klaver