Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Allow disabling folding of unquoted identifiers to lowercase

I use 50% of my time Sybase and 50% PostgreSQL.

For me is the way Sybase works is just more convenient:

CREATE MyTable (MyColumn varchar);

creates a camel cased table MyType and field MyColumn.

SELECT * FROM SYSCATALOG gives MyTable.

This is better readable when you use long table / fiel names.

The user can then use whatever he wants: mytable, MyTable, myTABLE, ...

Klaus