Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Does this perf output seem 'normal'?

On 28.04.2016 17:50, Peter Devoy wrote:
Also do you  know that in perf report second column is the total cpu  time share and not the first
Thank you, I did notice they did not add up -- that makes more sense now.

Can you expand node from perf report
Yes, my pleasure.  I added "--call-graph fractal,2,callee" to the
command, hopefully it seems more useful:

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/4375326/14889937/a1378982-0d58-11e6-89b6-aac5e1620fbb.png

To my amateur eye it seems like there is suspicious amount of memory &
thread management going on...?

--
Peter
Or this report is much more infomative and it is looks healthy =)!

Have you ever heard about pgbouncer- the light Postgres connection pooler? It is placed between you app server and pg and proxing app server queries to pg server. pgbouncer have some constant number of connections to pg server and have some sort of queue on incoming connection from app server.

TL;DR Use pgbouncer between app server and Postgres =)

Alex Ignatov
The Russian Postgres Company