Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?

Hello Melvin,

Thank you.

Your reply is similar to the first one in that it makes assumptions to the contrary of my original e-mail.

Therefore I shall tackle only the relevant bits:
1. This is not related to any existing bug. It was a corruption of the file system.
2. OID of the corrupt database was known previously.
3. If I had raw files from before the corruption, I wouldn’t have written to this mailing list.
4. There is nothing to restore, as we are not talking about backups.

The original question was whether is it possible to *recover* the schema from the raw files?

Kind regards,

Tomas