Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Is it possible to call Postgres directly?

On 4/20/2016 7:27 PM, david@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Re (1): At present I can do it like this:

SELECT * FROM COMPILE($$
<Andl code goes here>
$$);

But I would like to avoid the outer SQL SQL wrapper.

so all your top level application queries are of the form SELECT * from FUNCTION() ?

thats not going to do a very good job on things like joins, aggregates, etc, your ANDL is going to be completely reinventing the wheel, its own query optimizer, figuring out how to use indexes, all the postgres datatypes and things like postGIS, etcetcetc ?

huh.