Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Table seems empty but its size is in gigabytes

On 04/12/2016 09:11 AM, Juan Carlos Michaca Lucero wrote:
Hi PostgreSQL,
I'm using PostgreSQL 9.3 running on Ubuntu Server.
I have a complex function to populate a big table, in order to improve
performance; data is prepared in temporary tables before it will be
inserted. I called this function many times from my application, but
something goes wrong with the disk assigned to my temporary tablespace
and all threads were dropped. Now my big table statistics shows tuples
inserted and its size is in order of gigabytes, but a simple SELECT has
no rows, is there any way to recover the data in this table?

Do you really want to? It seems to me 'something goes wrong with the disk assigned...' is not a good thing and I would not be too confident in any data that was returned, should you be able to recover it.

Out of curiosity has this happened more then once?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx