Search Postgresql Archives

Re: debugging server connection issue

On 3/29/2016 3:25 PM, Stephen Constable wrote:
Sorry, my client environment is Linux.

My current theory is that my clients are running out of available ephemeral ports, like in this thread: http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/59650/pgbouncer-works-great-but-occasionally-becomes-unavailable (but I"m not currently using pg bouncer). I tried pg bouncer before and had the same errors, which in retrospect makes the client-side issue seem more likely. Are there any configuration variables I can set to reduce the number of ephemeral ports required in the postgresql client libraries? Otherwise, I will attempt to reconfigure the OS of the client machines tomorrow morning.

You might consider implementing your own sort of pool in your app where you open a set of connections, and keep them, then your app gets a connection from that list, uses it, returns it? do this all in-memory....