Search Postgresql Archives

PostgreSQL advocacy

If anybody puts together a "just the facts" document after Oracle's attack on PostgreSQL in Russia, please make sure it's drawn to the attention of this mailing list for the benefit of those who aren't in -advocacy.

I was discussing this sort of thing elsewhere in the context of MS's apparent challenge to Oracle and IBM, and the dominant feeling appeared to be that actual use of things like Oracle RAC was vanishingly uncommon. Which surprised me, and which I'm treating with caution since the fact that facilities aren't used (in a certain population of developers etc.) can in no way be interpreted as meaning that the technology is not unavailable or unreliable.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk