Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Database not starting in init.d

On 03/17/2016 08:20 AM, ray madigans.org wrote:
I am attempting to setup a small postgresql database on a beaglebone
black.  The application is slow so I am storing the database on a 64GB
microsd card.  I formatted the drive, mounted it all correctly.

I logged in as postgres

sudo su postgres

# create the database cluster

./initdb /data   # the mountpoint is /data

# It all seemed to work correctly.  I can

./postgres -D /data and the cluster seems to start correctly.

I want the database to start in init.d so I edited the three lines in
/etc/postgresql/9.1/postgresql.conf and pointed the three entries to
/data.  When I start the machine the database fails with the following
in the log file

autovacuum launcher started

database system is ready

The server has started and is ready to go.

incomplete startup packet

Looks like something is trying to connect and failing.

Would that be the application you mention above?

received smart shutdown request

Something sent a SIGTERM.

What OS are you using on the board?

Are you hitting the OOM killer?

Might want to look in the system logs.

autovacuum launcher shutting down

database system is shutdown

I have obviously missed something, any pointer to where to find what I
missed would be appreciated.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx