Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Logger into table and/or to cli

If I have understood correctly, the application logging would polute the server log with that solution. And it looks rather clumsy to me to import the log file into a table. Much more it would require to ignore somehow already imported log entries not to get multiple entries when the import shall take place at any arbitrary point in time.

Zitat von Berend Tober <btober@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Thiemo Kellner, NHC Barhufpflege wrote:

I would like to log from within pgsql into table and/or to command line, something like https://sourceforge.net/projects/plnsqllogger/ . Does anybody know of an open source solution
available?

I like "18.8.4. Using CSV-Format Log Output", although it does not log directly to a data base table. Rather, it produces comma-separated-value text files that you can easily copy into a data base table for analysis or other purposes.

See the manual at

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/runtime-config-logging.html

--
Auf Gelassene Pferde kann man bauen!