Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PLPythonu for production server

On 4 March 2016 at 10:46, Rémi Cura <remi.cura@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for the answer guys.

I should have mentionned that I had read the doc,
and was looking for non explicit knowledge,
like :
- what is the reputation of plpython for a dba?

Dunno.

- are there actual production system that use it

I used it in an SMS processing system and it worked like a charm. That system never made it to the production phase, though.

- what would be the recommended usage perimeter ?
  (only administration script like function, advanced processing, etc ...)

I would say, in general, use untrusted languages only if the trusted ones are not capable or practical for your goals. (Reading/writing/processing data outside of the database, using third party tools for processing, etc.)

Regards,
Sándor