Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Update foreign table with trigger

El 26/02/16 a las 17:11, s d escribió:
On 26 February 2016 at 21:02, Leonardo M. Ramé <l.rame@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:l.rame@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    El 26/02/16 a las 16:49, s d escribió:

        On 26 February 2016 at 20:42, Leonardo M. Ramé
        <l.rame@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:l.rame@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        <mailto:l.rame@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:l.rame@xxxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

                 Then try to do the update on the remote db directly.

                 In the meantime could you provide the table and trigger
        definitions?

             I don't understand why the trigger is run in the caller
        database
             instead of the called (foreign) one.

        It isn't. You get this error message because the reason why the
        local
        command fails is in the remote trigger somewhere.

    But, when I update TABLE_A from the remote server everything works ok.

I'm pretty sure we won't get further without seeing your defs.

Solved!.

The indeed the problem was at the foreign server side, instead of working with TABLE_B I had to do public.TABLE_B and everything went ok.