Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PosgreSQL Security Architecture

On 02/11/2016 08:30 AM, Lesley Kimmel wrote:
All;

I'm working to secure a PosgreSQL database according to a DoD security
guide. It has many very generic requirements that get more toward the
internal architecture of the system that wouldn't be apparent to the
average admin. I was hoping someone might have some insight to the
following requirements:

a) The DBMS must maintain the authenticity of communications sessions by
guarding against man-in-the-middle attacks that guess at Session ID values.

b) Check DBMS settings and vendor documentation to verify the DBMS
properly handles transactions in the event of a system failure. The
consistent state must include a security configuration that is at least
as restrictive as before the system failure. This must be guaranteed.

Might want to take a look at these threads:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKd4e_EXeMp2+DLqeZc=fFCtZ74vL4wVUvavYEM2_-HJu63PsQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.postgresql.org/message-
id/CAKd4e_G6xA22C+Sc0QnrLLs03kM1fOPgUNLjymtyRxK64e=VuA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance,