Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Request - repeat value of \pset title during \watch interations

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 9:13 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 9:34 AM, David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So how about:
>
> + snprintf(title, strlen(myopt.title) + 50,
> + _("Watch every %lds\t%s\t%s"),
> +  sleep, head_title, asctime(localtime(&timer)));

I would just keep the timestamp and the title separated so what do you
think about that instead?
Watch every Xs   $timestamp
$head_title

​That works.  I like having the title immediately above the table.

The other option that came to mind would be to place the time information after the table display while leaving the title before it.  On an output that requires more vertical space than is available in the terminal one would no longer have to scroll up to confirm last execution time.  If doing this I'd probably get rid of any logic that attempts to center the time information on the table and simply leave it left-aligned.

David J.​