Search Postgresql Archives

Re: CoC [Final v2]

On 01/24/2016 02:34 AM, Chris Travers wrote:

        We need to also cover abuse by members of the community made
        outside the community. Otherwise we’ll appear to give safe
        harbor to abusers.

    The private lives of members are the private lives of members. Let
    whatever space they are in and the requirements of that space
    dictate the response to their behaviour.

Additionally, "if you are harassed, maybe you should consult a lawyer"
is not a bad option.

I think that would be covered under support documents. Certainly we could have a page that has lots of discussion points about things people can do under these circumstances, but that doesn't belong in the CoC proper.

        This statement can be used in defense of abusive behavior (“I
        was just expressing an opposing view!”).

    Can you provide an example of said behaviour that does not also
    violate the below?

What is abusive?  And doesn't any formulation provide cover for arguably
abusive behavior?

It is rather impossible to be abusive and have it not be a personal attack or use of disparaging words.

            * Participants must ensure that their language and actions
            are free
            of personal attacks and disparaging personal remarks.

Sincerely,

JD

                     +1-503-667-4564