Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Error installing 9.5 on Win 2012 R2: data dir not created

On 01/18/2016 07:40 AM, DerekW wrote:
I am running Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 and upgrading from 9.4.5 to 9.5.
I was unable to get pg_upgrade to work so my upgrade path is: 1) Backup
with pg_dumpall 2) Uninstall 9.4 3) Install 9.5 4) Restore data This
worked sucessfully on one server. I am now having issues following the
same procedure on a second server, in that the /data directory is not

So what is different between the servers and/or method of installation?

being created and I get the following error messages near the end of the
install procedure: *Failed to load SQL modules into the database
cluster. Problem running post-install step. Installation may not
complete properly. Error reading file C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/9.5/data/postgresql.conf* postgresql.conf doesn't exist
since the /data subdirectory does not exist. I have tried deleting and

I know the installer is saying /data does not exist, but is that true or not?

re-creating the postgres user account, with no luck. Please can some
help with what is preventing the data directory being created.

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx