Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Offline Tablespaces and Partial Restore

On 1/12/16 6:02 AM, Pedro França wrote:
> Yea, we are considering doing all the function calls and access to
> tables with dblink and see how bad this would hurt performance. It will
> be tough to explain this to the SQL Server guys.

You should consider using the Postgres FDW
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/postgres-fdw.html).  It's
a far more elegant solution to the problem of distributed data.

> Maybe there is another approach to deal with this kind of environment?
> Does Postgres only relies on replication for high availability? Maybe an
> extension that I don't know about?

There are a number of logical replication tools (Slony, Bucardo, BDR,
etc.) but I don't see how they would help in this case (because of your
restore requirements).

--
-David
david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx