Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Can row level security policies also be implemented for views?

On 11/25/15 7:40 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
It seems easy conceptually, RLS just adds a WHERE clause to queries if I'm
>not mistaken, and conceptually a view is just a query. The CURRENT_USER
>issue is valid, but personally it's not too big for me as most auth is done
>through database parameters.
The hard part is making sure that what happens when there are policies
on views actually makes sense and works as users expect.

Could this potentially be worked around by having a view that pulls from an SRF? Possibly an SRF that's using a dynamically constructed query?