Search Postgresql Archives

Re: 2 questions

On 12/01/2015 09:16 AM, anj patnaik wrote:
Thanks for the info Scott.

Can I setup a primary server called A that uses the Postgres
installation on a nfs mounted filesystem and then A does a daily backup
of database A and restores to database B on same filesystem.

Then I have server B acting as cold standby and if server A goes down,
then B would make the backup DB active?

In this case, both server A and B have the same NFS mount, but B is not
always writing to the data.

The target environment I am moving to is a RAID5 system with mirrored
discs. I will be getting a VM on a physical server and the mirrored
disks will store the database. I would like to setup a primary and
secondary as cold standby.

I am fairly new to PG so asking these questions.

Please advise. Thank you.

Advice, read these pages:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/tutorial-arch.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/creating-cluster.html