Search Postgresql Archives

Re: using a postgres table as a multi-writer multi-updater queue

On 11/23/2015 2:41 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

If it's totally wrong, how should I be looking to approach the problem?

depending on where these queue entries are coming from, I'd considering using a message queueing system like AMS, MQseries, etc, rather than trying to use a relational database table as a queue. your external data source(s) would write messages to this queue, and you'd have 'subscriber' processes that listen to the queue and process the messages, inserting persistent data into the database as needed.