Search Postgresql Archives

Re: is there any difference DROP PRIMARY KEY in oracle and postgres?

On 11/05/2015 07:52 PM, M Tarkeshwar Rao wrote:
Hi,

one thing in oracle is there any difference between “DROP PRIMARY KEY”
used directly in oracle to drop primary key, or “DROP CONSTRAINT
CDRAUDITPOINT_pk”, as first syntax is not available in postgres and we
need to give primary key name as constraint to delete a key. SO right
now to delete primary key I am using second approach, so is there any
difference between two?

No. As a PRIMARY KEY is technically a constraint, we use ALTER TABLE DROP CONSTRAINT.

JD

New rule for social situations: "If you think to yourself not even
JD would say this..." Stop and shut your mouth. It's going to be bad.