Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Auto-analyse on insert operations

Le 04/11/2015 14:45, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
On 11/04/2015 05:32 AM, Bertrand Roos wrote:
Hello,

I try to configure auto-analyse task with postgresql 9.4.
I have the following configuration (default configuration):
track_counts = on
autovacuum = on
log_autovacuum_min_duration = -1
autovacuum_max_workers = 3
autovacuum_naptime = 300s
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 50
autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 50
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.2
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.2
autovacuum_freeze_max_age = 200000000
autovacuum_multixact_freeze_max_age = 400000000
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = 20ms
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit = -1

With this configuration, I can observe that some tables are
auto-analysed, but some others are not. Even if there are millions of
insert operations on an empty table (all tables are in cluster mode).
In fact it seems that tables with update operations are the only ones
that are auto-analysed.
I'm quite suprised because the documentation says that daemon check the
count of insert, update and delete operations.
What could it be the reason ? Why tables which have only update
operation, aren't analysed ?
Are update operations really taken into account ?

Somewhere you switched actions. You start by saying updated tables are being analyzed and end by saying they are not, or are the last sentences supposed to refer to inserts?

Thanks,

Bertrand

Yes the last sentences referred to inserts.
To make it clear, tables with all kinds of operations are auto-analysed.
Table with only insert operations are never auto-analysed.