Thanks,

Atenciosamente,

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter

Em 28/10/2015 12:15, Yves Dorfsman escreveu:
On 2015-10-27 20:29, Edson Richter wrote:
Hi!

Using PostgreSQL 9.3.10 x86_64 Oracle EL7 compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.3
20140911, installed using yum repository.

In postgresql.conf, I do have:

timezone="America/Sao_Paulo"

Since DST is in place in Brazil, it is enough to "systemctl reload
postgresql-9.3" to make it effective?
Or a complete restart is required?
First a side note, if you work with systems and people in more than one time
zone, I strongly recommend and it will make your life much simpler if you
configure all your servers in UTC (looking at logs, reasoning about
automated/cron jobs etc...).

Note that you can set the timezone on a per session basis with `set
timezone="America/Sao_Paulo"`.

Now if you do want to work in local time zone, so America/Sao Paulo in your case:

If the timezone is set correctly, we do not need to re-start anything when the
DST switch happens.

Postgresql will follow the time zone set at the OS level, run the command
`timedatectl` to check if your RedHat is set to what you expect. In postgres,
use `show timezone` and verify that it says "localtime".

If you want postgres to use at a different time zone than the OS, then do
configure timezone in postgresql.conf, and yes you will need to restart
postgres once you have made that change.