Search Postgresql Archives

Re: PostgreSQL Timezone and Brazilian DST

Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> No, if the above does not indicate a problem, then the issue is
> probably, as Francisco said, in the timezone definitions. The thing is,
> you are on 9.3.10 which has the latest time zone data file:

Since OEL is a naked ripoff of Red Hat, I would assume that they configure
Postgres the same way Red Hat does, ie --with-system-tzdata.  So what will
matter in that respect is whether your "tzdata" package is up to date, not
which PG version you're running.

However, AFAICT the spring DST transition rule in Brazil hasn't changed
since 2008 or so, so it seems rather unlikely that anybody would have
tzdata old enough for that to be a problem.

I'm betting the OP simply didn't have Postgres' timezone parameter set
properly.  Yes, that can be fixed with a reload (as a moment's
experimentation would have shown).

			regards, tom lane