Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Recursive Arrays 101

On 27/10/15 12:27, David Blomstrom wrote:
LOL - This is precisely why I prefer GUI's. ;)

I have two PostgreSQL icons on my taskbar - a blue elephant (pgAdmin III) and a little monitor (PSQL). When I click on PSQL, it always opens at least two windows or instances. When I type things in and hit enter, it spawns more windows. I've counted at least as many as a dozen.

[...]

Please DO NOT top post!!!

I use both GUI's & terminals.

The 'don't worry your tiny little mind' philosophy of Apple is an anathema to me - it tries to hide too much of the useful stuff from users. I use the 'Mate' Desktop (http://mate-desktop.org) Environment from Fedora Linux - I have 35 virtual desktops each with 2 highly configured panels that auto hide, and both my terminals and directory windows allow multiple tabs (just like web browsers). Apple does not permit such extensive customisation.

To get a proper terminal in an Apple Mac, have a look at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminal_%28OS_X%29
http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/get-more-out-of-os-x-terminal-3608274

Note that it uses the bash shell, see:
https://www.gnu.org/software/bash