Search Postgresql Archives

PAM LDAP CREATE USER

I recently upgraded from 8.4 to 9.3, and my custom LDAP PAM module no longer works.

In brief, my LDAP PAM module authenticates a centralized user and then creates a matching database user, using a separate super user connection to the database, before returning successfully from the PAM module. This used to work beautifully, but now I get a FATAL error, "role %s does not exist".

Did I depend on a "feature" that got fixed at some point? Is this an issue with the connection already being started, so no new users are considered? Is there a way to make this work?