Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Duplicate rows during pg_dump

On 10/24/15 3:15 PM, Marc Mamin wrote:
Any suggestions for what to look for next? Is it table corruption?
Most likely is the index corrupt, not the table.
You should check for further duplicates, fix them and as Adrian writes,
build a new index an then drop the corrupt one.

I've seen this a few times before, and if I recall well it was always after some plate got full.
Is AWS getting out of space:)

You should report this to the RDS team, because an out of space condition shouldn't leave multiple values in the index. I suspect they've made a modification somewhere that is causing this. It could be a base Postgres bug, but I'd think we'd have caught such a bug by now...