Search Postgresql Archives

Re: trouble downloading postgres 9.4 for RHEL 6.x

On 10/22/2015 10:03 AM, anj patnaik wrote:
Adrian,
I am doing same steps as you. And my byte count matches yours. It is a
RHEL 6.5 Linux machine. If the byte count matches how can it be
incomplete? I am baffled. Thanks for any clues!

bash-4.1$ ls -all
total 132452

-rwxrwxrwx  1 apatnaik oprofile 37659362 Oct 20 20:41
postgresql-9.4.4-3-linux-x64.run
-rw-r-----  1 apatnaik oprofile 37548416 Oct 22 12:51
postgresql-9.5.0-beta1-linux-x64.run
bash-4.1$ chmod 755 postgresql-9.5.0-beta1-linux-x64.run
bash-4.1$  sudo ./postgresql-9.5.0-beta1-linux-x64.run
[sudo] password for apatnaik:

Installer payload initialization failed. This is likely due to an
incomplete or corrupt downloaded file

From the command line, what does:

uname -a

show?

Per previous suggestions from others I would go with the yum install. Installing from packages is the better long term solution as you are plugged into future updates automatically. It is not difficult and it is something you are going to do on a Linux system at some point anyway, so the skills are worth acquiring.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Adrian Klaver