Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Recommendations for migrating PG 9.3 RDS across regions

On 10/17/15 5:24 PM, Joshua Ma wrote:
Is one of Londiste, Slony, or Bucardo obviously better than the others
for this task? At first glance Bucardo seems the most straightforward,
but that may just be due to the docs being easier to glance through.
(I've also never used any postgres replication outside of the native
replication, so it's possible that some of these tools aren't applicable...)

londiste and I believe Slony require a superuser connection in order to manipulate some settings. Actually, Slony requires shell level access because its logging trigger is in C, so unless the extension is already available I don't see Slony working. I know that you get an account similar to superuser on RDS, so it's possible that it'd work.

That said, can't you use binary replication to an EC2 instance in west-2 and then cascade that replication to an EC2 instance in East? AFAIK that's supported. I think you can replicate into RDS as well.