Search Postgresql Archives

Re: view

On 09/08/2015 05:19 AM, Ramesh T wrote:
HI ,
         I have view .when i try to select view ,it had return
  select * from art;
ERROR:  permission denied for relation sub_item

Pretty self-explanatory, the user running the query does not have rights on sub_item, which I presume is part of the view.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/sql-createview.html

"Access to tables referenced in the view is determined by permissions of the view owner. In some cases, this can be used to provide secure but restricted access to the underlying tables.
..."

SQL state: 42501

--
Adrian Klaver