Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Does PLPythonU support COPY table FROM string?

On 08/28/2015 10:12 AM, Dominik Czarnota wrote:
Oh... I have copied stacktrace generated from Python script which
connects to the db using psycopg2 driver, so that's where this
misleading psycopg2 error came from...

About the list origin - I have to calculate a lot of stuff for each
stock on stock exchange market. Each calculation requires quotes from
the database - so to reduce io and not to fetch them everytime from
Python, I've created a plpythonu function that calculates everything for
each stock.
As the results also have to stay in the database, I need to use the
fastest possible method to insert a lot of data.

This means moving the results to another table?

Have you looked at plpy.cursor here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/plpython-database.html

Another problem for those calculations would be parallelizing them
somehow (I hope postgres clustering will do the work), but that's
totally unrelated to the problem we are discussing now.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@xxxxxxxxxxx